About the event
Unfortunately, due to room capacity, we cannot open up any more tickets, but we do organise these open days Bi-annually and we’ll be hosting another in the new year, so keep an eye on our monthly newsletter for details.
Know someone who loves books and is considering a career in publishing? Tell them about our open day!
Guest speakers include Desiree Reynolds (author and broadcaster), Cat Mitchell (former Campaigns Executive, Penguin General), Jeremy Poynting (Managing Editor, Peepal Tree Press), Pedro Nelson (Senior Production Manager, Faber Faber), David Barker (former Publishing Director, Bloomsbury Academic), as well as members of the And Other Stories team. We’ll offer insights into the processes of book production, editing, marketing and sales, and we’ll answer any questions you might have.
Lunch is included and all participants will be able to choose a book published by And Other Stories to take away!
Advance booking required. £15 (refundable to those on a low income)
And Other Stories is committed to helping the publishing industry represent all of British society and will reserve spaces for participants from marginalised backgrounds*, as well as offering free admission and travel bursaries to help low-income participants travel from across the North and the Midlands. If you think this is you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief explanation of your circumstances.
*For eligibility criteria for refunds, see below:
- From a low-income background (if your parents/guardians have non-professional occupations and/or you have received free school meals whilst aged 13-16 and/or you are of the first generation in your family to go to university)
- From an under-represented ethnic group (BAME, refugees, Roma and Traveller communities)
- You are registered with a disability
- Have or have had caring responsibilities as a young adult
- Have been within the care system as a child