Our French-language groups have been reading again this Spring – this time in London and Paris at once!
We hope you’ll join in by adding your comments to the author pages.
(Sign up to our newsletter to be told about upcoming meetings.) Thanks to your discussion online and in person, one or more of the books we discuss might make it into English. The main thing for now is the pleasure of a good talk about some hotly tipped books.
Click here to read what reading group members thought about books discussed.
Books discussed – London group:
Books discussed – Paris group:
- Jean Rolin’s novel L’organisation (P.O.L and Folio Gallimard)
- Valérie Mréjen’s novel Forêt noire (P.O.L.)
- Tiphaine Samoyault’s text La main négative. Download Natasha Lehrer’s sample translation.
- Géométrie d’un rêve by Hubert Haddad (Zulma) as an “extra”
Please add your comments on any of the individual author pages, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to get involved or receive a pdf of one of these books to read in full and comment on.
- Extracts in English and author information pages are available via this page for the books being discussed. You can order the titles online or in person at the European Bookshop and other good bookshops. We also have pdfs of books available – please ask group coordinators for these.
- Read the excerpts, then comment online via the author pages.
- Come to a meet-up in Paris or London to discuss what you and others have read.
end January 2013 – late spring 2013
Meet-up in Paris:
Monday 28th January 6.30pm at the Center for Writers and Translators, American University of Paris.
Monday 18th March, 5.30-7.30pm at ULIP (University of London Institute in Paris) on rue de Constantine (right by Invalides metro) – gathering in the lobby.
Final, plenary meeting – Tuesday 28th May, 6-8pm
Meet-up in London:
Monday 11th February 6.30 pm – library of the Institut Français, 17 Queensberry Place, SW7 2DT, London.
Thursday 4th April 6.30pm – library of the Institut Français, 17 Queensberry Place SW7 2DT. Free but contributions of wine, soft drinks or light snacks are very welcome!
Monday 10th June 7pm – Institut Français, London.
Many thanks to the generous Institut Français in London for the use of their rooms for our meetings.