And Other Stories reading groups have been instrumental in unearthing a number of great books to publish in English. Each reading group has thrown up one or two books we are seriously considering as titles we could publish. Call it a book club or reading group – it’s about the same thing: the pleasure of a good talk about some hotly tipped books.
This Publishing Perspectives article from 2012 provides a great overview of what our reading groups are about.
Contribute to one of our upcoming reading groups:
We are keen to run more groups in 2015 and 2016. Current reading groups in the pipeline include Polish and Francophone African. If you would like to be a reader in a group – or would like to suggest an as yet untranslated contemporary work of fiction – email us at email@example.com
2015 Reading Groups
More details soon. So far:
2014 Reading Group
2013 Reading Groups
- French Spring 2013
- Portuguese Spring 2013
- Portuguese Autumn 2013
- Russian and Ukrainian Spring-Summer 2013
2012 Reading Groups
- Portuguese October – 14 December 2012
- Chinese 1 June – end October 2012
- German 1 May – 30 July 2012
- Portuguese 1 May – 19 July 2012
- Spanish October 2012 – January 2013
- German November 2012 – January 2013
- Italian October 2012 – February 2013
- Greek October 2012 – February 2013
2011 Reading Groups
- Portuguese 30 September – 9 November
- French 16 May – 27 June
- German 14 March – 27 April
- Portuguese 2 May – 14 June
- Russian 4 March – 4 April
Summer 2010 Reading Groups
Winter 2010 Reading Groups
Portuguese-language Reading Group with books by João Paulo Cuenca, Rodrigo Lacerda, Raduan Nassar and Dulce Maria Cardos.
Latin American Spanish-language Reading Group with books by Guadelupe Nettel, Norma Lazo, Andres Neuman, Carlos Gamerro, Victoria de Stefano and Ricardo Waale.
German-language Reading Group with books by Anne Weber, Gabriele Petricek, Susann Pásztor and Katharina Hacker.