Pssst! be a co-conspirator . . .
Get in touch if you’d like to be part of And Other Stories – from hosting a reading or starting a reading group for untranslated fiction from a particular language . . . tell us how you’d like to be involved! (Email: email@example.com)
Here are some ideas:
- The most immediate and effective way is to donate or subscribe to our books – to do either, go here.
- Organize a reading at a local venue such as a library, café, performance space, or bookshop.
- Volunteer to work directly with And Other Stories. For information on voluntary opportunities, please see below.
- Start a book club for international literature drawing on the works featured in our books. Or include one in your reading group. (If you’re considering a large order, get in touch to ask about special deals we can offer.)
- Coordinate with us to bring one of our foreign writers to your local school, college, or university either in person or online.
- If you teach at a higher education institute, consider our books for your courses. We’re happy to provide desk copies and would love to hear from you if you would like to provide a recommendation / endorsement of a title.
- And please don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter if you haven’t already. It’s our best way of keeping in touch – and it includes free books & other competitions.
Subscribers Make our Books Happen
The publication of our books would be impossible without the support of the subscribers who sign up for our books in advance. Subscribe now to be thanked in our upcoming books and be involved in our publishing.
Work with Us
Why not consider joining our team of volunteers? It’s rewarding, the roles involve real responsibility and we’re a friendly team who want to work with people keen to make their way in all areas of publishing.
As well as our three-month, part-time volunteer internship, we regularly put out calls for long-term roles. Read more on our Work with Us page.
What our previous volunteers and interns say about their time with us:
Working at And Other Stories was an internship like no other. It was a joy to help out with publishing genuinely brilliant and unusual books, and as it’s a small company you really do get experience in every area. I enjoyed my time at And Other Stories immensely and I feel so lucky and proud to have been involved; it’s the perfect way to start a career in publishing. - Helen Weir, Random House Children’s Books
My internship gave me a fantastic insight into the publishing world. What’s more it was thoroughly enjoyable to work at such a new and exciting publishing house. I would definitely recommend an internship with And Other Stories if you’re interested in a career in literary publishing – a very worthwhile experience! - Sorcha McDonagh, Hesperus Press
‘My internship with And Other Stories was such a valuable experience, and the perfect introduction to the publishing world. I gained insight into many aspects of the industry, met and worked with fantastically enthusiastic people, and learned so much – I can’t recommend it highly enough!’ Leslie Cameron, Pan Macmillan
My internship at And Other Stories was amazing. I had the opportunity to work with inspired people, who truly work hard to deliver high quality books and still want to listen to your opinion and ideas. Working in a small team helped me learn more about all the roles in a publishing company. It was the best way to be introduced to the publishing industry and definitely worth it. Juliana Aoki, Black Dog Publishing