Are you passionate about the literary fiction we publish and looking to develop a career in publishing? Are you able to work hard to get good books into readers’ hands? Are you aware that in joining a small publisher you can be a major shaping force in the company?
This role is for you if you can bring our books to the right people and bring the right people to us. You will:
– develop an interest for our books in the general readership and reach out to new audiences;
– grow our community of collaborators, incl. our reading groups;
– build up our subscriber base;
– support passionate booksellers in their work for a vibrant books culture and support our sales reps
– contribute to buzz around our books by creating publicity opp.s, reviews and social media discussion
– provide support in aspects of admin and subscriptions, including correspondence and databases.
£1,050 / month project fee. Your own efforts towards our success in 2012 will play a large part in determining what this role might become after 2012. This role will put you at the centre of a dynamic and growing publishing house.
Two days / week presence in office required. Own laptop necessary. Some work from home possible. The work will involve some travel around Britain and work outside normal office hours.
You will have experience in the book industry (publishing and / or bookselling), a wide knowledge of literary fiction, a love of creative solutions, a ‘go-getter’ attitude and the self-discipline to organise yourself and get the jobs in-hand done in a timely manner. Impeccable writing, events, marketing/ publicity and social media skills all essential.
If you would like to be considered, please send your CV and a covering letter as attachments to Stefan Tobler by email and mention where you first heard about this opportunity:
Closing Date Sunday 4 March 2012.